UA Europe works with many major Help Authoring Tools and technologies, including MadCap Flare, EC Software's Help+Manual, and Adobe RoboHelp.
Training and consulting
UA Europe offers a range of training and consulting services, including:
- Customised training on many state-of-the-art Help authoring tools and techniques
- Analysis and audit of existing Help and eLearning materials
- Design and architecture of new User Assistance and eLearning solutions
- Creation of templates, style sheets, master pages, and skins
- Development of User Assistance and eLearning content
- Advice and guidance on the selection of User Assistance tools and technology
Matthew Ellison presenting at tcworld Conference 2021
The presentation will cover:
- Managing large migration projects
- Using single-sourcing to support multiple versions and platforms
- Personalizing content for better user experience
- Using consistent design language
For further information about the conference, visit the tcworld Conference website.
MadCap publishes story of docs design implemented by Matthew Ellison
MadCap Software has recently published a customer success story based on Illumio's migration to a new documentation website, for which the design was implemented by Matthew Ellison (working as a consultant for MadCap Software).
Within the article, Illumio documentation manager Katherine Morgan says of Matthew:
"He was amazing and very collaborative"
Illumio used MadCap Flare to create a modern, responsive documentation website with two HTML5-based product guide portals and a range of downloadable PDFs.
Read the full customer success story.
White Paper on
Six Best Practices to Improve Your Documentation
- How should I structure various information types?
- Why is optimising search within my documentation so important?
- How can I answer users' questions as quickly and effectively as possible?
Matthew Ellison presenting at MadWorld 2022
Matthew will be presenting the following sessions:
- Advanced Techniques for Great Landing Pages
- Tips for Creating a Documentation Portal
- Advanced Customization of the TopNav and SideNav Skins Using CSS
For further information about the conference, visit the MadWorld 2022 website.
Impact of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Our thoughts are with our peers within the global technical communication community whose lives have been affected by the current pandemic.
We continue to provide training and consulting on Flare, Help+Manual, and a range of user assistance technologies via the Web. As a result of current Europe-wide travel restrictions and official guidance on social distancing, we are unable to offer face-to-face training or consulting until further notice.
During these difficult times and while UK and other European government restrictions remain in place, we are offering the following:
- A free question and answer service by email, available to all, on any of these topics:
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- All MadCap Software products (including Flare, Central, and Lingo)
- EC Software's Help+Manual
(this service is normally only available to past students of UA Europe training courses)
- Reduced hourly rates for Web-based consulting and training
Please contact us for further information on these services.
Company Director Matthew Ellison
Based in the UK, Matthew Ellison has over 30 years of experience as a user assistance and eLearning professional in the software industry. Some of this time was spent managing a team of writers and trainers at a UK-based consulting company, before enjoying a period in the US as Director of the WinWriters (now WritersUA) Conference.
Matthew has a B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering and a Post-Graduate Certificate of Education from Bristol University in the UK. He is a MadCap Flare Certified Instructor and an expert in many other user assistance tools and technologies. He has also been a part-time lecturer at Portsmouth University for the MA Technical Communication course. Matthew is a winner of the prestigious Horace Hockley award that is presented annually by the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC).
Matthew has been a popular speaker at conferences and training events throughout the world since 1997, and has covered a diverse range of topics from context-sensitive Help to the Spice Girls! He also regularly publishes articles and reviews on user assistance tools and technology.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your potential training or consultancy requirements with us, please complete this simple form.